Take your content visuals to the next level!
Did you come to our beginner's photography workshop? Or perhaps you're a dab hand with the basics but looking to take your photography and visuals to the next level? Whether it be for a hobby, your blog or insta feed - this workshop is for you!
WeBlogNorth and Georgie Glass are running an exclusive 1/2 day workshop, as a continuation to our beginner's one to help you get the photos you want - with hands-on direction from a pro!
Georgie Glass - Who is she and what is the workshop exactly?
Georgie is a professional photographer, stylist and fellow WeBlogger. She is an established food & lifestyle photographer born, bred and residing in Manchester. Having been surgically attached to her camera since the age of 13, she then went on to study Photography with Editorial and Advertising at the University of Gloucestershire. Having been inspired by her involvement with WeBlogNorth, Georgie's now branched off and started her own blog and runs influencer dining events with her Blogger Dining Club, in association with WeBlog. We now run seasonal workshops with Georgie in photography and photo-styling as part of our ever growing community.
Georgie is a pro at not only styling and setting-up the right shot, but knowing what camera settings you should be using in what light, location and situation to get the best shots for your content. She's also great at helping to define your look and your brand visuals! She's totally lovely, approachable and a really good teacher, so you'll be sure to pick up some useful tips at this hands-on workshop.
What will we cover?
- There will be a bit of techy stuff to start us off - a refresh of your camera settings (though we expect you to have some knowledge of Aperture, ISO and Shutter Speed), creative and composition
- Next we'll focus on how the technical feeds into your branding and visuals to create an overall "look"
- We'll break for a scrummy lunch
- Then comes 'The brief' - our activity and practical part of the day, where you get to put everything you've learned into practice! You'll have the chance to ask any questions you might have and receive hands-on advice and direction from Georgie
- We'll then come back together to have a look at each other's work from the activity, appraise it and get some direct, valuable feedback!
Skills Workshop details
Date: come along on Sunday 10th June and bring your DSLR or bridge camera to join in the learning.
Timings: the workshop will run from 10am til 3pm with a break for lunch.
Lunch*: We will include a yummy, nibbly buffet lunch, so we can all eat together, chat about what we've learned (and no doubt take more photos!). You are welcome to bring something to snack on too if you'd prefer (*we will do our best to accommodate special dietaries so let us know if you have any when you book).
What to bring: All you need to bring is yourself, a note pad and of course your camera (plus any lenses you'd like to use). A good quality camera phone is fine too, just please let us know beforehand if you plan to bring one instead of your camera.
Location: Six & Flow offices, 2nd floor Barton Arcade, Manchester. We will meet here, go through the theory and then head-off for some practical photo-taking.
- 9.50am: Arrivals
- 10.00am: Welcome, round table introductions & conversation about the challenges you face with your camera
- 10.30am: Theory and Technical
- 11.30am: Branding and Visuals
- 12.30pm: Break for lunch and discussion
- 1.15pm: The Brief
- 1.30pm-2.30pm: The Activity
- 2.30pm: Appraisal and final questions
- 3.00pm: Goodbyes (for now!)
£55 - non members*
£50 - WeBlogNorth members*
*plus small booking fee
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure that when you book, you let us know your preferred contact email address, as we will need to get in touch with final details!
You can also email us at: [email protected]
Some of Georgie's Work...
Other Photography Workshops
This session, is designed for those who are pretty comfortable with their cameras and manual settings and leads-on nicely from our beginner's workshop (which we will run another of later in the Summer).